I finally did it! You know how you sometimes have something on your to do list forever? Yep, that was me. I have intended to make an essential oil first aid kit for over a year. I even purchased all the oils and a cute little pouch to carry them in, but I just didn’t take the time to put it together.
We went on a little excursion last week and I needed my oils! One person had a headache, one a nasty bug bite, and one a sunburn…if I only had my oils with me. Sometimes we just need extra motivation. I hope you don’t wait as long as I did to make a kit to carry with you.
Here are a few suggestions for essential oils to include in a first aid kit, and ways you can use them. The oils I put into my kit are fractionated Coconut oil for a carrier, Frankincense, lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree/Melaleuca, Peppermint, Breathe, Deep Blue, and On Guard (blends from doTerra).
* Aches/pain – Deep Blue, Frankincense
* Allergies/antihistamine – Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint (work great together)
* Breath freshener – Peppermint
* Bug bites –, Lavender, Melaleuca, Frankincense
* Burns – Peppermint, Lavender, Frankincense, Melaleuca
* Cuts/bruises – On Guard, Melaleuca, Lavender, Frankincense
* Digestion/upset stomach – Peppermint
* Energy - Lemon
* Hand sanitizer – On Guard, Melaleuca
* Headaches – Peppermint, Lavender, Frankincense
* Sinus inhaler – Breathe
* Sore throat/colds – On Guard
* Stress/sleep – Lavender, Breathe
* Water purification – Lemon
I hope you find this quick reference helpful in using your essential oils on the go. I have a small book called, the Portable Essential Oils, by Anne Kennedy, which would be easy to pack into a suitcase or first aid kit for camping or travel.
Stop by the shop and I can help you put together your first aid kit. My daughter is making one to take on her mission trip this summer. I would be happy to order the cute keychain pouch from doTerra that we are using for you also, just give me a call. Essential Oil First Aid Kit - Don’t leave home without it!